If we are going to talk about my favorite things in September, I cannot help but start with this picture of Rowen and me that Michael snapped one morning. My favorite thing to do is have coffee outside in the morning. Fall is obviously the perfect time of year to do that. This morning, I wanted to let Rowen crawl around a bit and really ground herself in nature. (You are welcome for that bit of my hippie side!) And she loves animals, so Cheetoh was getting plenty of love that morning.
My September Favorites
We had two back-to-back weddings this fall and one of them was a black tie/cocktail dress code. I clearly do not have anything in my closet for that so it was time to Rent the Runway. I loved both of these dresses. I decided to go with the Ronny Kobo dress for the formal wedding because it felt less restricting. I’m always going to choose comfort if it is an option! But the Marchesa Notte dress on the left was beautiful!
BTW, these Kurt Geiger mules are my ride-or-die for wedding season. You can read my full review here.
Clothing & Accessories I Bought & Loved in September
- I have been living in these lululemon leggings since December. I’m notorious for wearing something so often that it starts to wear out before its time! So I decided to buy another pair of leggings and ended up getting these Athleta leggings. I’ve been wearing both for the past month and they’re both great, but I prefer the lululemon ones. I wear a medium in Athleta and an 8 in lululemon.
- This houndstooth coat was a staple at Nordstrom for the past few years but I could never justify the price tag. I found it for a fraction of the price at TJ Maxx one weekend! I linked three options below. The one I have is tan, but the links to TJ Maxx and Marshalls show more of a white coloring. I bought a medium, but I wish I would’ve got the large because it’s a little tight around my arms.
- I got this sweatshirt and this band tee on super sale at Abercrombie. I got a medium in both and they fit great.
- I have a lot of strong opinions in life, especially when it comes to fashion. Five years ago, I would have told you how much I hate the Birkenstock clogs. Today, your girl is wearing them with pride! These are a fall must-have. I bought my normal size.
- This mock neck sweater from Target is so good and it comes in a bunch of colors. I sized up because I wanted a roomier look.
- I’m on my one millionth apple watch band, but this is the latest one. It’s basic and it looks good, but I’m not expecting much in the long run.
- I got these earrings from Anthropologie and they are fabulous! I love them.
- I picked up this Sanctuary striped cardigan at TJ Maxx too and it is great! It’s the perfect fall look, the stock image does not do it justice.
Books & Podcasts I Loved in September
I have to say that I listen to way more books than I actually read. I think it totally counts but to each their own. Let me know your favorite books lately in the comments!
- The Ink Black Heart by Robert Galbraith: Loved this! I really have enjoyed the whole Cormoran Strike series. They’re gritty and such a departure from what I normally read. This one had me guessing all the way until the end.
- The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany by Lori Nelson Spielman: This book was great! But as a new mother, it just broke my heart. I loved the message of the book and being in Italy was such a great setting.
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young: One million stars for this one! It’s spicy, impractical, and definitely a love story that isn’t real life, but isn’t that why we read? This one was recommended by my cousin Taylor, follow her book account Instagram!
I listen to podcasts every single day. There are two shows that I never miss: The Show on Rock 105.3 and The Toast. I was going to list specific episodes of other podcasts that I loved this month below, but I couldn’t find any that really knocked my socks off. Drop your podcast recommendations in the comments though, I’m in desperate need of something fresh!
September flew by in a flash and I had to really remember everything that I bought and read/listened to. I just can’t believe we are already in October. What were some of your September favorites?